Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lonely Cowgirl in Wisco

Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t posted in awhile. Today was the Denzer Delight Road race, in Denzer, Wisconsin and it was tough. It was a big field for WI and we all stayed together for the first mile or so, before the big hill. On the hill the field split up and by the end of the first lap I was in a leading group of 7. The second time up the hill the group split with two riders off the front and two off the back, and I was in a middle group of three. I was having trouble keeping up on the descents because of junior gearing and that combined with an unfortunate run-in with a masters rider we caught caused me to get dropped and I rode the very windy remaining lap and a half by myself the finish fifth. Tomorrow is Wheels on Willy in Madison, so I’ll try to post again after that’s over. Sorry no pictures for now but maybe tomorrow . . .
Good night all :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

WAY TO GO ANNA! Those lone-windy laps are a bummer, but nice job overall. In no time, you'll have big gearing like us and be flying! Wheels on willy is such an awesome race! Have fun today and be sure to post!!