Friday, March 21, 2008

Sequoia Criterium.

Now that Im feeling better I want to tell you about the Sequoia Crit. Ill keep it brief, It was hard, fast and risky, I have the scars to prove it.
Cari was out in full force that day, she was up there in a good position throughout her race but unfortunately had a mechanical and was told she could not get a lap out and could not finish the race.
As for me, I made the mistake of stepping back from the situation at the beginning of the race and letting the other riders take control. I was not in there for the ride I was there to race so after my first crash I got a back pocket full of HTFU! (Which is were I left my gloves, Greg). So I started to race, unfortunately again I crashed by being on a bad wheel which led me into a gutter. The last lap was fast and I was trying to get into a better position, I was coming towards the last corner really fast and as I was about to take it but there were bikes and riders spread along the pavement. The riders in front of me slammed on their breaks and so did I which made my back wheel slide out and caused me to crash hard on my hip. So I didn't finish the race (Sob).
So all in all , it was an experience and I have learned allot and Im honored in being awarded the Tyler Hamilton award from Greg, he knows I've trained for it coming down from Jamestown, literally.
Also I would like to thank Mitch Friedman for posting the photos of Cari, Kate and myself on Cycling News. Cheers!

Clare

1 comment:

becx said...

Way to hang in there, Clare. Getting back in the game after a wreck (or two, or three) gets you about 1000 "Tough girl" points. That's a much higher distinction that the Tyler Hamilton award.